Placemat Picture

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Manners Reminder of the Week

If you and another person are approaching a doorway or a narrow place to walk, please pay attention and slow down to let the other person pass through. It's the considerate thing to do. So many people rushing these days - sometimes it becomes a race just to get through a hallway or a narrow passage.  Why speed up to get through a doorway first?  I tell my 15-year-old every day to let me go through the doorway into the kitchen first - the food will still be there when it's his turn!  Please slow down and think about another person during your busy day!  That person will think to themselves, "what lovely manners!"

2 comments:

  1. Jill, so funny you choose this circumstance. Today, I was in a rush off my morning commuter train. There was a gap between me and the person in front of me. A young woman politely waited on the side. A well-mannered guy would have gladly allowed her to go ahead of him, but not this Neanderthal. I rushed ahead, ignoring better manners. As soon as I did so, I thought, "Thank God, Jill doesn't follow me through my day!"Actually, I'm a better person than that, and will have to atone on tomorrow's commute, maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment!